Not just with milk, Badam Ka Sharbat can also be made with water and served in place of packaged drinks. The flavours are very soothing and calming. Serve it as a welcome drink to your guests or give it to the kids after they sweat it out playing.
Apart from Almonds, another key ingredient in the Badaam ka sharbat is musk melon seeds. Musk melon seeds are a great source of protein, Vitamin A, C & E , antioxidants and Omega-3 fatty Acids. Most of us now a days eat the musk melon and throw the inner lining with the seeds. My mother used to soak the inner lining of melons in water overnight and next days clean it and get the seeds. Dry the seeds during the day. During our summer vacations all of us used to remove the outer skin of the seeds. A little effort but it was just one of the things that as a family we did together.
If you like the recipe please show your support by clicking on the little heart on the top. If you would like to get notified whenever I post something new, please follow the blog. You will also find us on Facebook, Pinterest & Twitter
- Measure all the ingredients
- Soak the almonds for 2 hours at room temperature. If you soak the almonds in hot water, the skin of almond may leave its colour on the almond. We want white almonds therefore I soak it in water at room temperature. It takes longer but gives better colour to the syrup
- Wash and Soak the musk melon seeds, too
- Put Sugar and Water in a vessel and Boil.
- Once the syrup starts boiling add lemon. Make syrup of single thread consistency. That means when you press syrup between two fingers a single thread is formed. Adding lemon will help help collect all the froth on the syrup. Remove the froth and add Saffron. Let teh syrup cool down
- Peal the Green Cardamoma and powder it in Mortar & Pestel
- After 2 hours, Drain the water of Almonds & Musk melon Seeds
- Remove the skin of almonds
- Put almonds and Musk melon seeds in fridge for Half an Hour
- After half an hour grind the almonds and musk melon seeds ( Preferably without water )
- Mix the above in Syrup along with powdered Green Cardamom
- Store in an airtight bottle in Fridge upto a month.
- Shake the bottle well before use as the Almonds and Musk melon paste will tend to settle on top of the bottle
- For serving Take 4 parts ( water or Milk) and one part syrup and mix it well
Sravan kumar Nalla says
First I read about this in rediff.But we failed as we used two tea cup of water and half tea cup of sugar.
Paluk Khanna says
Hi Sravan, try this recipe it will work.