This recipe is unbelievable. So far no one who has had it for the first time has been able to guess the base ingredient for these cutlets. I mean seriously ” No one”. I remember making it for the first bloggers meet at my place , and it was a quiz question to tell what is the base ingredient of the cutlets. Cheese, rice, tapioca , yam and so many answers came, but no one could guess that the cutlets had instant noodles. Yes, you read it right, Instant noodles.
In fact the first time I had it I also, could not guess. I had it first time at a friend’s place, whose help at home is an excellent cook. He had learnt it from one lady who had served it in the ladies get together ( Kitty party ). I made a few Variations to the recipe, like adding bell peppers and other veggies.
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||60 minutes|
|Passive Time||20 minutes|
- 65 Grams Ramen Maggie noodles Top / Instant
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 2 Green chillies finely chopped
- 1/4 Bunch Corainder finely chopped
- 1/4 Capsicum finely chopped ( if big, if small you can add 1/2 capsicum)
- To Taste Salt
- 2 Cups water to boil
- 1 1/4 Cups Milk
- 2 Tablespoons cornflour
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs
- to Fry Oil
- Boil water and add instant noodles. when noodles are semi cooked, drain out the excess water and let it cool. Put a spoon of oil such that noodles don't stick
- After Noodles have cooled down put them in a pan and put a cup of milk , just enough to soak the noodles well. Cook it for 4-5 mins and keep stirring till you get a thick paste
- Transfer the paste in a mixing bowl and let it cool
- Add chopped onions, chillies, capsicum, coriander and salt. Mix it well
- Mix cornflour in 1/2 to 3/4 cup water to make a thick solution
- Make 20 balls and dip them in cornflour mixture
- Roll them in bread crumbs
- At this stage you can freeze the cutlets upto 3-4 days.
- take couple of hours before you need them, and let them thaw
- Roll again in breadcrumb and Deep fry till golden brown
- Serve with tomato ketchupGo ahead and surprise your guests with this recipe. it is very popular with kids as well ( reduce the chilly if making for kids )
Jane Jojo says
This is a great recipe, Paluk!!! Thanks a lot!!
Sanaa A'esha says
This is the coolest innovative recipe from 2013.
Aliena Varghese says
Sujatha Bharadwaj says
Super …Thks Paluk for this innovative recipe
Paluk Khanna says
Thanks Sujatha !! Do try and let me know how does it turn out
Shruti Srivastava says
Awesome recipe ,we enjoyed it
Paluk Khanna says
Thanks Shruti !!!