In my childhood mushrooms were not very easily available. When my sister went to Pantnagar Agricultural University, she would get a few packets when she would return home during session breaks. Later on when we moved to Lucknow, mushrooms were much more easily available, but were used mainly as a pizza topping. Now a days mushrooms are available in most of the vegetable shops and are part of our weekly shopping list
I remember eating a preparation like this in a restaurant around 10 years back. In last 10 years this recipe is a must, if any vegetarian friends are coming home, as a starter. Goes well with drinks, is very light and can be made in 5 minutes if mushrooms are cleaned and kept.
I also use it as a side dish with Pan Fried Basa or Grilled Chicken
This recipe was also featured by a start-up in Bangalore that would measure all the ingredients in the exact quantity and send it to buyer with a step wise recipe. Interesting concept
- Wash & Clean Mushrooms, depending on the size of mushrooms, you can cut them or use whole mushrooms
- Heat Oil in a flat pan, put garlic powder
- Add mushrooms and stir for 3-4 minutes
- Once mushrooms are cooked add oregano, chilli flakes, crushed pepper & salt
- Serve hot !!
- You can also add lesser Chilli flakes while preparing and keep some with the dish for the guests to add (As a variation I add lemon / balsamic vinegar...) (Instead of olive oil, butter can also be used, i prefer to use Olive oil, since I a few of my friends are Vegans)
Interesting recipe. I’ll try it for my next party.