Fried Fish is one of my husband’s favourite dish. In a restaurant , if he finds fried fish on the menu , he definitely orders it. Inevitably he is never been happy with the order and says ” They don’t make good fried fish anymore”. His love for fish and chips goes back to his childhood, when my father in law was posted in London from the Indian Navy.
As luck would have it, one dinner at a friend’s place, he loved the fried fish. I shamelessly asked for the recipe and she was generous to share it, too. Since then, Fried Fish has been made for all the parties. It is popular with Kids as well as Adults.
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
|Passive Time||3 minutes|
- 500 Grams Basa Fish Fillets
- 1 teaspoon Ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 Lemon 's Juice
- To Taste Salt Pepper &
- 1.5 Cups Bread Crumbs
- 1 Egg White
- Oil for Frying
- Marinate fish in juice of Ginger Garlic paste mixed with lemon, salt & pepper for a minimum of 1 hour
- Beat the egg white lightly and dip each piece of fish in it.
- Take half the bread crumbs and roll all the pieces of fish in it. Keep the fish in the fridge.
- 20 minutes before serving, take out the fish from fridge and roll it in the remaining bread crumbs. Heat the oil and fry. Serve it with mayo or a creamy dip.
I would love to hear from you on how the recipe turned out for you, please leave a comment and rate it.
I will make that at some point for my dinners 😉
nafi khan says
Have A Nice Fishy Day To All